Thursday 19 July 2007

Friends Reunited

My friend Cees has contacted me through this blog to send me a hug from Amsterdam. It is so good to hear from him. We have not met for several years as he left Dhaka, Bangladesh, before we did and returned to Holland to work. Shortly afterwards we were posted to Anguilla.

When he went he made my day as he presented me with a bag of individual face masks, bath salts, herbal bubble baths and other assorted goodies that were so very difficult to get hold of in Bangladesh. He could not pack them and knew I would love them. How right he was! I hoarded them for ages to make them last as long as possible.

It is funny what we think about when we remember certain people, isn’t it? Cees and I worked together on several things while we were in Dhaka, but it is not the projects we were involved in that I remember first, but the carrier bag he slipped me at his farewell party that springs to mind.

Thanks Cees, it is lovely to hear from you and I hope we see you out here on Anguilla soon!

No comments: