Friday 19 October 2007

Examination Day

Well, today was the day.

I took my end of course exam this afternoon and I think I have blundered badly.

To explain, readers of this column will know that I have been studying with the Open University in the UK for several years and have taken all kinds of courses in that time. Since February I have been studying a third level undergraduate Art History course and the three hour examination for it was today.

It was awful.

It is the first time I can ever remember opening a question paper and thinking ‘Oh no!’ It was not that the questions were particularly difficult but that I was under-revised. I had to answer three questions and it was hard to find three that I felt I could do justice to. In the end I waded through one and made bad attempts at the other two. Sigh…

I now have to wait until the middle of December for the result. If I pass I get a BA Honours degree in Classics and Art History. If I fail, I will have to retake the course and will not receive the degree.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: