Monday 25 February 2008

DJ Richie


Life has been a bit busy recently; lots of interviewing and meeting people.
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I love talking to people and interviewing respondents is one of my favourite joys as a writer.

I recently had the good fortune to be asked to write about a local DJ, here on island. DJ Richie is something of a legend on Anguilla. A consummate showman, he has loved the attention I, and my commissioning magazine, have given him.

What hasn't this gentleman done in his fifty-something years? A banjo and guitar player, a Calypsonian, Song Writer, DJ, Driving Instructor and famous Cake Maker, he seems to have the midas touch in that he is good at all he strives to do.

It was a pleasure to work with him. The article is due out in Anguilla Life magazine later this year.

The photo shows DJ Richie in unaccustomed pose - taking tea at our interview.

No comments: