Saturday 13 April 2013

Roll On 25 April 2013!

Roll on 25 April 2013!

I am really excited to be joining the team at Haunted Southampton Ltd, the city-based paranormal investigation company, for an interactive evening of ghost stories at the lovely and, of course haunted, Mercure Dolphin Hotel.

Haunted Southampton Ltd, the Dophin Hotel and I have teamed up to bring our audience an evening of unexplained events and hair-raising stories, and to invite members of the public to share their true spine-tingling tales.  Pete and Juliet Collins, the company directors, will be bringing along some of their equipment and explaining how it works when investigating the paranormal and I will be signing copies of my books, particularly the two publications that have their fill of ghostly tales: Folklore of Hampshire and Haunted Southampton.

The Mercure Dolphin Hotel is situated Below Bar and dates back over 500 years.  I seem to feature the hotel in most of my books as its history intertwines so intimately with that of the city I write about.  It also pops up in my about-to-be-published book A 1950s Southampton Childhood (written with James Marsh) but more about that in a later post.

If you fancy a fun, interactive ghostly evening, some tickets (£6) are still available on the Haunted Southampton Ltd website. See you there!


No comments: