Wednesday 4 June 2014

Soldiering On

Crumbs, it's been an age since I last blogged!  Time passes so quickly that before you know it, the year is over and we are half way through another.

What have I been up to?  Well, I suppose the best way to describe it is trying to get over bereavement. If you have ever lost someone dear to you, you will know what I am talking about.  I lost two important people in my life in 2013, following long periods of caring and juggling my personal and working life to accommodate them. Then followed all the usual long-drawn-out sorting out of estates and property.  This year has seen a good friend die suddenly, which was a further shock.  I feel as if I have had the stuffing knocked out of me and I was not in the least surprised recently to find that I am suffering from 'emotional burnout' when I answered a burnout questionnaire online.

Work has been difficult.  The nature of my job as a writer is that I am commissioned to produce work to a deadline and one particular commission has proved to be heartrending.  Death is a natural part of life and so people talk about it, particularly when they are being interviewed for a book about their lives. For me, this has proved traumatic as the least little thing said on the subject has sent me into despair.

So, I am soldiering on, doing the best I can and slowly getting there. Hopefully, there will be more blogging soon.  

No comments: