Friday 20 May 2011

Penny Legg at the London Book Fair

I was disappointed with the London Book Fair this year.  Usually I go there for the first two days but this year I had other commitments and so found myself amongst a lesser throng on the last day for the first time.

What a difference.  The buzz was non-existent.  It was as if all the important deals and excitement had happened and the last day was a day too much for most exhibitors.  Yes, I know the publishing names were there, but the decision makers were gone.  By early afternoon some of the stalls were packing up.  This short changed those who could only make the event on its last day.

Still, saying all that, I did enjoy being there.  I always learn a lot from the LBF and come away with huge amounts of information, both printed and verbal.  It is a useful event for all in the writing and publishing business, but, in future, I will make a point of being there on the first day, not the last!

The next London Book Fair is the 16th - 18th April 2012, at Earl's Court, London.

No comments: