Thursday 19 May 2011

Penny Legg book signing ...

Sometimes, it is nice to be able to help someone out.  When Waterstones in West Quay, Southampton, contacted me at short notice to see if I could come along for an off-the-cuff book signing event there on Saturday April 9th, I was happy to help.

They were lucky I was free.  I am a volunteer tutor on a Friday morning at the U3A and was running my writing group, Writing Buddies, on Friday afternoon.  On the Sunday my husband and I were invited to a friend's home for the day and I was the guest speaker at the newly-formed Lordshill Historical Society on the Monday.  Saturday was my only free day.

I have found both branches of Waterstones in Southampton (Above Bar and West Quay) incredibly supportive since I began to publish books and it was nice that it was to me they turned when they needed help.  I had an interesting few hours signing copies of my books and meeting my readers.

No comments: