Tuesday 31 March 2009

Pirate's Ahoy!

My article, 'Pirates Ahoy!' in March's edition of All At Sea magazine can be read by downloading the magazine here.

This was such fun to research and write. The children were thoroughly enjoying themselves and only the older ones really realised just how much they were learning.

Anguilla is a small island but so many of the population do not go near the sea. Many cannot swim, which to me is amazing, considering that the main means of leaving the island is by ferry. My motto is 'Be Prepared' and that means making sure I have a fighting chance if I find myself in the water. The Anguilla Youth Sailing Club staff are trying to ensure that the island's children have that chance if necessary. The skills they teach will be useful throughout their lives.

As an aside, if you fancy reading other articles I have written for this magazine, click here.

No comments: